ECML PKDD 2019 Workshop on
Knowledge Discovery and User Modelling for Smart Cities
September 16, 2019 - Würzburg, Germany
Each submitted paper to the workshop will be refereed by at least three members of the Workshop Program Committee, based on its novelty, technical quality, potential impact, insightfulness, depth, clarity, and reproducibility. Submissions must be in English, and can present mature research or experimental results as well as promising work in progress. We invite three kinds of submissions:
- Full research papers (12-14 pages) should describe a novel contribution to the field and should carefully support claims of novelty with citations to the relevant literature. Where a submission builds upon previous work of the author(s), the novelty of the new contribution must be clearly described with respect to the previous work but the author identity should not be revealed, i.e., prior work should be referenced in the third person, to reflect the double-blind review policy. Papers should also clearly discuss how the results were validated.
- Short papers (6-8 pages) presenting work in progress as:
- Experience papers describing a significant experience in knowledge discovery and user modelling for Smart Cities. Papers should carefully identify and discuss important lessons learned, so that other researchers and/or practitioners can benefit from the experience.
- New Ideas papers are intended to describe well-defined research ideas that are at an early stage of investigation and not fully validated, but are argued to be plausible.
- Position papers (4+ pages) proposing and describing research challenges in theory or practice of any of the topics of interest. The papers in this category must be based on deep understanding of existing research or industrial problems and should be defining new promising research directions.
All manuscripts should be prepared according to the Springer LNCS guidelines. Author instructions, style files and the copyright form can be downloaded here.
Article submission system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=umcit2019
- Workshop paper submission deadline:
Friday, June 14, 2019Friday, June 28, 2019 extended!
- Workshop paper acceptance notification : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Workshop paper camera-ready deadline: Monday, July 26, 2019
All deadlines are at 11:59PM Alofi Time.