ECML PKDD 2019 Workshop on
Knowledge Discovery and User Modelling for Smart Cities
September 16, 2019 - Würzburg, Germany
Topics of interest
The workshop aims to facilitate the exchange of ideas between the different research communities and practitioners involved in the research on lifelong user modelling and personalization in the context of smart cities. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Mining, aggregation and analysis of personal, linked and social data.
- Big data, scalability issues and technologies for massive social data extraction and management.
- Mining data from sensor networks, wearable devices for collecting user information such as behaviour or biometric data.
- Mining of user behaviour, feedback tracking, opinion mining, and sentiment analysis.
- Recommender systems based on urban data.
- Gamification and/or crowdsourcing for user and smart cities data mining and applications.
- Evaluation of lifelogging technologies.
- Approaches for the personalization of inclusive, personal and interactive services to citizens.
- Citizen-centred service design and modeling.
- Data driven urban planning.
- Intelligent transportation: traffic flow prediction, route planning and transportation safety, among others.
- User modeling and intelligent models for smart government (i.e. eGovernment).
- User models for eHealth applications.
- Knowledge discovery from environment data.
- Ethics, privacy, perceived security and trust.
- User-lifelong learning models.
- Standards, specifications for lifelong user models.
- Interoperability, semantics for reusing and sharing user data.
- Ethical issues, transparency, privacy management of urban data.
- Managing security and trust for urban data in the cloud.